Thursday, September 08, 2005

i heart kanye west

so i am going to assume that all yall already know this
but perhaps you have been living in a cave somewheres and didn't hear that kanye west said on national television "george bush doesn't care about black folks." he said it during that NBC concert to raise money for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina. He busted out on this speech about how hard it is to see black folks trapped in the city and portrayed as animals in the media and blamed for not leaving before the storm hit.

it moved me so much that i went and bought five (YES FIVE!) of his cds and i wrote him a letter with a copy of the receipt. dorky? maybe, but really folks we need to support those who speak up. anywho i am tired and i want to wait until i get my photos back to post about my exciting labor day weekend in chicago, but let me tempt you with a few highlights:

yoga ABC's with Rowan
dick candy, dick straws and dick antennae headbands at the bachelorette party
an outstanding warm sunny day near Lake Michigan with Alyson, Nicole and Rowan at the park
one of the most lovely weddings I have attended- I cried all my mascara off
breakfast at Le Peep with Azad and the gang

stay tuned for a more deets peeps.

1 Comments:

Blogger nifamatic said...

Money well spent Donna!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home