Wednesday, November 16, 2005

a new goal in my life

good morning all. i am sitting next to jes who is reading about the bernard goetz case. now most of you probably remember that from the news. 1984. angry white man shoots four young black men on the subway because (he says) they were trying to rob them. because one of the guys he shot looked "okay" he went back and shot him again and paralyzed him for life. he became known as the "subway vigilante." i think he only served eight months and that was for having an unregistered concealed weapon.i disucussed this case with niki last week and then with jes this morning and guess what? neither of them knew who bernard goetz was, because, well, THEY ARE TOO YOUNG. yeah that made me feel real good.

anywho i just wanted to report that while i saw no famous people at american transtand, i did have a lovely time with glennda, kim and nancy (aka ali) eating a delicious pre-show dinner and then standing around and listening to the first half of the show. i am certain i have sustained hearing loss from the loudness and when halifah wadiah (i am sure i spelled that wrong) came on and did her shit the bass from the speakers sort of felt like a huge vibrator. speaking of vibrators, kim (the one who writes erotica) won a vibrator. well actually they were throwing them out into the crowd and she caught it. i deflected something, maybe a vibrator, from hitting jes in the face, but caught nothing, except maybe a cold. oh bother. we couldn't rally for the whole thing, so we didn't see the second half. i was wiped out. guess it was from working out b/c my tired ass needs to adjust to being active again. pathetique.

so about my new goal. no, its not to finish my dissertation silly, or to get all my IDKE stuff in order so i can "step aside" as chair, i have created a whole NEW goal that will take up more of my time and keep me from achieving the aforementioned goals. anywho, many of you may know that i religiously read the blog mr. nice guy to be found at: www.bonnehomme.blogspot.com

well this dude makes me pee in my pants almost everyday and i want to MEET him. he posts pics of our neighborhood, well really more of his neighborhood which is more north in park slope (he is money). and he talks about where he lives and places he frequents. he also talks about his babygirl. i have had my eye out for him, but i think i am really going to kick it into high gear now. you know my dad is not just any old cop, he is a detective and my sister was in the FBI for a while so CLEARLY i have investigative skills IN MY BLOOD. what i want to do is to "accidentally" meet him and then become his babysitter and then see what he writes about me on his blog. is that crazy? perhaps, but it will keep me occupied while i am not writing my dissertation and there is nothing good on the food network. stay tuned for updates.

another feature i want to add is the sarah storytelling time. you might remember that my friend sarah was to give us intermittent updates on popular culture gossip. that never came to fruition. this new idea i have comes out of the crazy ass stories she told me while we were in atlanta. i especially like the stories about her friend who has twin nieces. one she calls the devil niece, the other the angel. the devil one is HILARIOUS. cross yer fingers that sarah is looking for something to do to busy herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home