Wednesday, November 30, 2005

a fun quiz

jes sent this to me, and you should try it.
it measures how southern a person is.
or maybe how much of a yankee a person is. either way.

go to:

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html

jes (born and raised in a suburb of atlanta) scored about 70% (i think) as did our friend kim (born and raised just outside of new orleans). it said they were southern enough to have pink (instead of red) necks.

i got about 50% southern. just under the mason/dixon line. not bad for twenty-six years in the midwest and only six years in the atl.

our friend sarah, who was born and raised in hattiesburg, mississippi got 90% southern. it asked if she still paid for things with confederate money. hilarious.

if you feel so moved, you can post in the comment section what you got too.

have fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger nifamatic said...

I'm 50% Yankee. That makes sense, given that southwest Ohio is practically Kentucky.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My score was 66% (Dixie). Just under the Mason-Dixon Line. Good fun!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what made me so southern. I had no idea I had so little in common with my friends. I have a sneaking suspicion y'all call coke "pop" or some such nonsense.

11:25 AM  
Blogger dj love said...

well back in the day i called it soda
but now that i go to coca cola university and they pay all my bills and such, i have switched to coke
which makes me sad here in nyc b/c it is strangely pepsiland

12:28 PM  
Blogger dewey said...

I am 45% (Yankee). "Barely in the Yankee category."
My formative years were in the WVa area of Ohio, so "crick" probably played a pivotal role in my score.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home